Welcome to Zach's Blog

After seemingly endless prodding, teasing and thinly veiled condescension from friends and family, my wife and I have finally succumbed to peer pressure and have entered the 21st century. That's right, we are now officially "blogging". Besides, what better way to introduce ourselves to this mysterious and novel medium than through the shameless exploitation of our wonderful little boy, Zachary Winston Williams. Since before he was even born Zach has been a constant source of "oohs" and "aahs" which I have piously and painstakingly documented with my camera. Indeed, you- the common citizen of the Internet, will no longer have to miss out on precious moments such as "Baby's first dirty diaper" or "Baby blows milk out his nose all over mom".

During the first months of his life, Zach has had his photograph taken ad nauseum. I have countless photos of myself, Lesley, friends, family and a few complete strangers holding our son in every possible setting imaginable. There are so many photos in fact, that it would be impractical and maybe even a bit cruel to post them all here. So in order to conserve both available memory and the readers sanity, the plan is to pick a 'small' handful of the best pictures and include a link to my flickr website for those with the fortitude to tackle the rest.

On my son's behalf, I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation and gratitude for your interest in his life. I hope all of you will enjoy watching him grow and develop over the next months and years. I know I will.
~Kacy

ArtZ

ArtZ

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swabbin' the Poop Deck


Hop on the bed son before the carpet melts into water and hungry crocodiles. Grab your tennis racket and call it a paddle. What do we care about words and their referents? Free all things from their chains and cast away. Tennis rackets want to be paddles too. Beds yearn to be fearless ships on the edge of the world, in search of new continents.

The walls of the house crumble while the roof blows straight up into some super cool infinity.

Onward! Ho!

WAIT!! Where's the lovely lass, Lesley?

Look there! She's hopping across crocodile heads like that crazy guy in Activision's Pitfall. And she almost made it too except her pants got snagged on that last corc's big dirty tooth. A pantless voyage then. Ha ha!

With the full crew intact, we cast away on the breath of Poseidon into worlds unknown.

1 comment:

Karen Beard said...

Hi Kacy, this is Joshua Beards mother Karen Beard. I also live in San Diego. I so enjoyed the stories and picture of Zach, your writing is so beautiful. Keep it up, and a book would be great !